Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Product Spotlight: The world's best pickle mix...

One of the nice things about having a blog with a decent sized readership is I can occasionally plug a product that I like and hope others buy it.  If the product does well and gains distribution, then I don't have to go on a quest (in this case to the Cambridge St. Whole Foods to get it).  Or at least they stay in business so I can order it off the web.  

Plus, a great topic in entrepreneurship is new product marketing.

So onto the plug.  Those of you who know me well know that I love pickles.  

Well, I think I have found a truly world class jar with Root Cellar Preserves' Sweet and Spicy Pickle Mix.  It's just the right amount of sweet.  It's just the right amount of spicy.    It's all-natural.  I practically drank the brine.  I'm actually saving it to dip cucumbers in later this week.

I tried to learn a bit more about Root Cellar and it turns out they are in Wellesley, MA where my family has owned a restaurant for 31 years and still live.   And it's a double bottom line business, which is just great - half their profits go to preserve early American homesteads.   I love this - I encourage you to support the brand.  I don't think you will be disappointed.  

Here's a full list of where you can get this amazing pickle mix.  Going to make a run this weekend to pick up a few more of their products.