Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Staples' first hybrid delivery truck visits my neighborhood

Update: For anyone who's interested, Wired had an exceptional post on the construction and design of the hybrid delivery truck.

Kudos to Staples. This morning, as I was walking down North Street, I saw what is apparently Staples first hybrid delivery truck. I'm not really clear on the impact, or if it's just a branding thing, but at it at least seems like an effort. I'm guessing the cost of having a hybrid fleet of delivery trucks would be ghastly at this point, but you'd have to think that fuel efficiency in high-usage logistics vehicles will be moving to forefront in the next few years.


2 comments:

Ted Chan said...

Yes, my aim was just a little bit off on the nose...I was focused on the slogan part. Bah...

that was easy said...

talk to me when they have more than one...